LA Galaxy Conejo Valley Tournament Rules, Regulations and Procedures
Rules of Play:
FIFA “Laws of the Games” as modified by Cal South, USYSA and incorporating the latest USSF small-sided standards will apply.
USYSA/Cal South and US Club Soccer teams: Current laminated USYSA/Cal South, US Club Soccer cards and medical release forms (aka registration form) are required for check-in and games. Medical release forms must have a parent wet signature. Coaches must have a USYSA/CalSouth or US Club Soccer card as appropriate. Use of an “F” license is limited to emergency only (note that a previously known game conflict is not an emergency). Non Cal South teams require approval of loan players. AYSO loan players are not permitted. Teams outside of Cal South require approved travel papers.
AYSO teams: Current laminated AYSO cards and medical release forms are required for check-in and games. A roster listing AYSO players and coaches and signed by the AYSO regional commissioner must be provided at check-in. Loan players from Cal South are permitted and must have a current laminated Cal South card and medical release form.
Teams, players or coaches without proper credentials cannot participate.
Tournament Web Site:
The tournament web site will be the final word for all schedules, scores, rules, regulations and procedures. Any conflict between the tournament web site and other published information shall default to the tournament web site. The Tournament Director and Committee shall maintain the right to independently make new and possibly conflicting rules or regulations on the tournament web site at anytime.
Friday night team credential check-in is MANDATORY for all local teams. For non-local teams, teams credential check-in is 90 minutes before the first scheduled game at playing venue. Game cards will be pre-printed by the tournament with the roster entered online (must be entered by midnight the Wednesday before the tournament). You may update your roster by hand prior to credential check-in at which point it will be frozen. Complete details of check-in will be posted on the tournament web site and e-mailed to accepted teams.
All brackets and game schedules are final. It is the intent of the tournament to bracket teams in a way to ensure the best possible balance and afford the greatest competition and fairness. Changes may take place based on team entries or subsequent team drops. There will be no compensation for the loss of a game due to a team forfeiting or dropping from the tournament.
Match Format/Playing Times:
Teams are guaranteed a minimum of 3 games. Up to 10 loan players are allowed for teams playing 11v11. Teams playing 7v7 or 9v9 are limited to 6 loan players. Teams must have a minimum of 5 players (for 7v7 play) and 7 players (for 9v9 and 11v11 play) to start a game. Failure to provide these minimums at game time will result in a forfeit. For teams playing 7v7; referees have been instructed to use the build out lines specified by the USSF small sided standard.
|7v7 (2010-2011)||20 Min||20 Min||4|
|9v9 (2008-2009)||25 Min||25 Min||4|
|11v11 (2005-2007)||25 Min||30 Min||5|
|11v11 (2003-2004)||30 Min||35 Min||5|
|11v11 (2001-2002)||35 Min||40 Min||5|
Halftime will not exceed 5 minutes. Preliminary games may end in a tie. Quarterfinal and semi-final games ending in a tie go immediately to FIFA kicks from the mark. Championship games tied after regulation time play two overtime periods of 5 minutes; games still tied go to FIFA kicks from the mark. No stoppage of game clock for injuries, unless medical aid is called. The referee may shorten the game if it does not start on time to ensure that subsequent games start on schedule. The Field Marshal has the authority to shorten games.
Preliminary games are awarded points as follows:
|Maximum||10 points maximum per game.|
|Win||Six (6) points for a Win|
|Tie||Three (3) points for a Tie|
|Loss||Zero (0) points for a Loss|
|Shut-Out||One (1) point for a shut out win|
|Goals||One (1) point for each goal scored up to a maximum of (3) per game|
|Cards||One (1) point is deducted for each RED CARD received|
|0-0 Tie||A 0-0 tie is three (3) points, no shut out point|
|Forfeit||A forfeit win will be scored 1-0 & awarded seven (7) points, no shut out point|
Teams tied for advancement after preliminary games, the following tie breakers apply, in order until a winner is determined: (In the event of a three-way tie, head to head will not be used)
|1||Head to Head|
|4||Most shut out wins|
|5||– Still tied and the outcome of the tie break could take a team to a semi-final or final game: go to FIFA penalty kicks.
– Still tied and the outcome of the tie break determines which consolation game the team(s) progress to: use coin flip.
- Home team is listed first on the schedule and has choice of side lines, provides a game ball and changes jersey when uniforms conflict.
- Visitor team will set up on the side opposite the home team.
- Spectators must be on the same side as their team.
- No one is allowed behind goal or goal line.
- Referees have been instructed to start the Games on time.
- Failure to take the field within a 5 minute grace period will result in a forfeit by offending team.
- Teams must check in with the field marshal at least 15 minutes before each scheduled game time.
- Players may be rostered to and only play for one team in the tournament.
- Unlimited substitution is allowed; substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage of play.
- Excessive substitutions resulting in confusion or delay of game are to be discouraged by the referee.
- Players must wear shin guards to participate.
- Players with hard casts cannot participate, no exceptions.
- Use of personal drones is prohibited. Commercial operators of drones must have prior approval from the tournament director and provide proof of insurance.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED.
- NO PERSONAL OR COMMERCIAL DRONES ALLOWED.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, BBQs, AIR HORNS, NOISE MAKERS OF ANY KIND, ELECTRONIC AMPLIFICATION, EXPLOSIVE DEVICES, WEAPONS OR FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED AT ANY SITE.
Coaches are responsible for the control and conduct of their sidelines, including players, bench, friends and spectators at all times. The use of coaches’ boxes and spectator lines will be enforced.
- Harassment of the referees will not be tolerated.
- Spectators or Coaches may be asked to leave the tournament site(s) at the discretion of Tournament Officials. In the event that a spectator or coach is asked to leave the tournament site(s) it will count as a RED CARD for the purpose of points awarded to their team.
- Any player or coach receiving a RED CARD is ineligible for the remainder of the game and all of the next game.
- In the event of FIGHTING, ASSAULT OR FALSIFICATION OF CREDENTIALS, THE PLAYER, COACH OR SPECTATOR IS INELIGIBLE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT AND MAY NOT BE PRESENT AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE(S). Offenders will be reported to their State Association.
- Tournament Officials will review the following for disposition and may impose additional sanctions:
- All yellow and red cards issued.
- All games forfeited or terminated for cause.
- Teams refusing to complete a game will forfeit that game. Tournament Officials may impose additional sanctions.
Individual awards will be presented to the players and coach of the first and second place teams.
Refunds will be made to all teams not accepted. To receive a full refund (less $50.00 Administrative Fee), teams must request withdrawal in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the application deadline. Teams that drop after the application deadline will forfeit their entire entry fee. A cancellation fee of approximately one-third of the entry fee will be withheld from each team’s refund if the event is cancelled due to weather, acts of terrorism or acts of God. If the tournament is cancelled once it begins, authorizations of any refunds will be determined by the Tournament Director and Committee.
NO PROTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED:
Any interpretation of the Tournament Rules and resulting decision is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director and is FINAL.
CLICK HERE for 7v7 Build Out Line guidelines and rules.